Cookie Dough Bites
- Approx 1 generous cup unsalted cashews
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup (or a bit more if dough is too dry)
- approx 3/4 cup – dark chocolate chips for bites
- 1.5 cup chocolate chips + approx 1 tbsp coconut oil for melted coating
- Sprinkles (optional)
In a food processor or blender (preferably a high powered one like Vitamix), process 1.5 cup of oats until it forms a fine crumble. Pour in a bowl and add the remaining oats, salt and sugar. Put the cashews into the processor and blend just enough to have a chopped consistency, not a crumble.
Add in the maple syrup and vanilla and mix until combined. It will be sticky, but this is what we want! If it’s a little dry, add the extra maple syrup. If it’s a little too wet, add a handful of extra oats.
Add in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips and stir by hand. Form into balls and tore in freezer for at least 30min. Melt the remaining chocolate chips + coconut oil. Roll each bite into the chocolate and set aside on parchment paper and top with sprinkles (optional).
Once done, put them in the fridge for at least an hour or until ready to eat. Store in the fridge for a few days and enjoy!